or also known as tablet, is a portable computer or mobile computer that has touchscreen as its primary input device rather than using a physical keyboard. The input devices for tabletcan be an onscreen virtual keyboard, a passive stylus pen, or a digital pen. Tablet computer is poweredby variety of operating systems, such as Android, iOS, Windows 7, and so on. Nowadays, there are alot of tablet’s type in market. “There are standard forms of tablet computers:
1) Slate tablet pc – A classical tablet pc form of pad with one touch screen and without keyboard
2) Convertible tablet pc – Basically a notebook with touch screen capability. They come in form of baseand a screen that can be rotated around swivel for 180 degrees
3) Hybrid tablet pc – Convertible tablets with detachable keyboard
4) Booklets – A dual screen tablets that can be folded like a book
5) Rugged tablet pc – Tablet pc resistant and adapted to hard atmospherically conditions. Used as aplatform for using pc on terrain.”.
Compared to personal computers or notebooks, tablets have their own advantages and disadvantages.One of the tablets’ advantages is that they are portable because of their size and weight. Therefore,tablets are very practical and can be used while walking around, lying in bed, or sitting in sofa. Oneof the tablets’ disadvantages is that their hardware especially screen is prone to damage as they are carried around, used in various situations, and used as tablets’ main input devices.
However, despite from their advantages, tablets share will grow and soon surpass a popular netbooks.“Forrester Research is predicting that over 20 millions of units will be sold in 2015. This means thatmore than 40% growth per year and thus most rapidly growing market among personal computers devices.”.